Tuesday, May 10, 2016

When a Swing and a Pop Up Gets You Closer to Home



Aloha, everybody, 

First of all, my hat's off to all you bloggers out there who blog it day in and day out. You know who you are. I don't know how you do it. 

There was a time in my blogging life when ATBATT was putting out fairly regular posts, at least twice a week. I was able to carry that flag for a couple of years, but as much as I want to, I just cannot squeeze in as much time for the ol' blog as I used to. 

2013 Bowman Prospects


Oh, I plan posts in my head. I know you blogomaniacs do that in your walking life, the same as me. I'll be walking along - or more often because I live in LA - driving along, and something will stir an idea for a post. 

So my heart's in the right place, but I just can't find the keyboard time to keep up with the rest of you on the blogroll treadmill. So congrats and thanks to all of you who regularly bring it to the blogosphere.

2010 Bowman Platinum

All that said, let's get to the point of this precious post. A few days ago I received a surprise PWE from Bert over at Swing and a Pop Up

2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects
Good ol' Bert remembered I'm chasing some sets and sent me some awesome cardboard to get me closer to the goal - because he's cool like that. 

These cards are awesome for a few reasons:

A week ago I was nine cards away from completing the 1987 Hygrade Baseball's All-Time Greats set.  Bert's PWE took me from nine to a magic seven to go. 

They also rock because of their amazing condition. The Hygrade set was printed on fairly thin stock, so while many of the commons are common, they often show wear and tear. 

They also had the bad luck of being made with below average materials and processes, which led to plenty of cards with lackluster finishes. These babies have neither of those limitations. 


Sharp base colors, sharp corners, and bright inks on the photos make these primo cards. 



You know what else is primo? Getting cards of these guys. Any day Mr. Robinson and Mr. Spahn show up in my mailbox is primo! 

Thanks for checking my wantlists Bert and getting me to just seven to go on the Hygrades! I'll be putting together a little sumthin' for you too. 

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment