Thursday, September 18, 2014

Some Good News And Some Bad News (Depending On Where You Sit)

Aloha readers and trade partners,

Today brings us a couple of firsts. This is the first day in what feels like forever that the temperature in LA is normal. The recent week or so had Los Angeles absolutely baking inside of a climate oven. I hadn't felt oppressive heat and humidity like that since I was in the central jungle of Taiwan. Man, it was hot, but today is quite nice. Whew!

The other first combines the good/bad news that I mentioned in the post title. The good news is I've been welcomed aboard the Dodger-centric site "Lasorda's Lair" as a staff writer.  I'm happy to say my first article, Grading The Dodgers As They Approach The Playoffs was posted today. Stop by and have a read if you've got the time. 

That feeds into other good news which applies in case you're a card blogger purist who might feel that posts about team performances don't belong on a site dedicated to card collecting. Since I regularly posted my Dodger opinions on ATBATT, it's pretty clear I don't buy into that theory, but I can understand those who feel like that.

Our blogosphere's big bopper, Night Owl, recently posted about the changes taking place in the card collecting blogosphere in very interesting post here. His post got me to thinking about ATBATT and how I regularly post my opinions about the Dodgers.  Recently I posted about net neutrality and ice bucket challenges and so on.  None of those posts centered around our collective love of cardboard. 

As I said, I don't think my humble little blog must only talk about cards, but I certainly don't want to alienate any of my readers who visit ATBATT because they want to read only about our hobby. So if you're a card blog purist, the good news is, my Dodger opinion posts will now be found elsewhere...

...which is also the not-so-good news. If you enjoyed reading my rants about Mattingly or the TV blackout of my team, or the praises of Adrian Gonzalez and the cold war with Arizona, you'll have to click over to another site for all of that.  Hopefully that won't be too much of a hassle and you'll read my posts at my new site. 

And now - something for the purists!



 I chose this cardboard gem for two reasons. First, it's a preview card from that awesome box o' cardboard I received recently, and will be the focus of my next series of posts for ATBATT. 

Second, the pen scratches of "second base, third base" symbolize today's post and my new reality of existence in two corners of the webosphere. Versitality and fluidity are the words of the day. 

Aloha!

 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the extra writing gig -- I'll be sure to come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, buddy. I really appreciate that. I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure if you're writing about Dodgers, I'll find my way there, too. Way to break out the adverbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, you were part of my inspiration, N.O.

      Delete
  3. I'll be there....Love your Dodger posts!

    ReplyDelete